Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Boats are not my friend

Today we began our journey around the southern portion of the island and it was just a bad start from the get go.  We missed our 6:10am train and had to take the next one, Jacque's iPod touch was stolen, and then there was the boat ride.  I had read in lonely planet that this particular ride, specifically to Green Island, was the worst case of sea sickness the author had ever had.  Knowing I'm prone to motion sickness, I had on 2 sea bands and took a Dramamine.  Regardless, it was a 1 hour boat ride from hell and I'm not getting back on tomorrow!  I would say that definitely 50% of the passengers were puking, possibly as high as 75%.  There was no way to get away from it.  Luckily there were barf bags everywhere you looked.  Literally, everywhere....you know how you go to the grocery store and tear off a little plastic bag for your fruit and veggies?  They had those at the end of every aisle as well as a bag at every seat.  Not only did I have to listen to every kind of vomiting, gagging, and dry heaving imaginable, I was also a participant.  It took a whole 15 minutes before I had to grab for my bag, and it didn't stop until we got there.  Awful, absolutely awful =(

No comments:

Post a Comment