Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'm behind on update so I don't have a good title...next update

Okay, so I left off with our weekend of ballroom dancing and pizza. The next week was my last week before school started so I spent a lot of time at school preparing lessons. I spent waay too much time making a PowerPoint presentation over my rules for the classroom that turns out was well worth the time.  I spent an entire afternoon making lessons centered around fairy tales only to discover that my plans were far outside of their ability range.  On Friday, Doris took me to the post office to open my bank account (yes i typed that correctly, haha) and I started feeling very sick.  I had to get out of line and sit down and I started searching the room for the least disgusting place to puke.  After I sat for awhile I started to feel better so I got back in line and finished.  At school during lunch time I mentioned to one person that I wasn't feeling well when she questioned why I didn't want to try the delicious soup.  It took a couple of hours before multiple people were coming to see me, call me, etc to find out if I was okay and if I needed to go to the doctor.  LOL, I realized that evening at home when my calf muscles and toes started to cramp up that it was from dehydration.  I don't know why it takes me so long to figure that out, it's happened often enough for me to catch the warning signs before I'm about to pass out. 

Saturday morning Doris called me at 8:45 and told me that the kindergarten teacher was coming to pick me up at 9:30, yikes.  She took me to another dance place, this woman LOVES to dance.  It was under a bridge, outside, on the concrete and they had a dance floor set up with chairs all around it.  It was actually really cool and I guess it's open to dance at every morning and evening from 8-10:30.  I'll post the videos I took of the flamboyant old man who insisted on dancing with me on youtube =)  He was hysterical.  After the dancing, Rae Ting took me to get a massage!  I've been dying to get a massage since I got here because my back has been so sore.  It was incredible, that's all I've got to say about it, very relaxing.  When I got home Jackie called us and said she and a teacher friend were coming to pick us up to go to dinner, a concert, and a bar.  The entire evening was FUN!  The concert was part of an aboriginal festival but very rock concertish (again, the video will be on youtube).  The bar which was called "Beer City Bar" hahaha, was fun to just hang out with the girls and chat.  We went to check out a couple of people's apartments and then they took us back to our place.  We were actually out until like 1:00am, that's a first here.  Sunday became once again, rest day, aside from grocery shopping.

[gallery link="file" columns="4" orderby="title"]

No comments:

Post a Comment