Sunday, June 13, 2010

Nanhua Village

Wednesdays are half days for students and on May 26th my school decided to use the free afternoon to do a biking activity around the village. Teachers, students, parents, and even some of the local officials gathered at our school to begin the tour.

The leader of the village came to speak to the group.

And then we were off.

Our first stop was at the house of the PTO president and his wife. They have two children at our school, Joy is in my 5th grade class and Sheree is in my 3rd grade class. This is actually the house I was supposed to live in while in Taiwan (I did for 2 days during the Hurricane). The family is really great and nice, but no one spoke any English in the house and it was a rough couple of days in the beginning. I decided it may be better for me to live with a fellow foreign English teacher.

And here are some of the ladies I work with.

Next, we moved on to a nice, scenic park.

This is one of my third graders, Amy.

Our final stop was at an old tobacco mill. There were still just a few plants outside but it's not still in use.


Most of my students live in the village surrounding the school so I took a picture of a few of them outside of their homes. This is Mark and Heidi from my 5th grade class and Henry from my 3rd grade class.




No comments:

Post a Comment