Monday, August 3, 2009

Still here

I have not made it out of San Fran yet.  I'm not going to give all the details because this would be just as long as the first one but the short version is that 7 people got on from standby before me and right as it was my turn at the counter a late arrival showed up who had tickets and I was bumped.  I again found a hotel, this time minus the crazy guy, and was thankfully able to get about 8 hours of sleep this morning.  I feel tremendously better now that I've slept and there's no reason for anyone to do any extra panicking!  I am safe and doing okay, just bored haha


I do not think this is a scam, although I'm sure that's what people would say right before they get tricked into a scam because it's not like someone would say "hey I think this may be a scam" and still do it.  However, I really don't.  This has been a very long process, I've spoken to several various people involved in the program over the past few months and I've done my own independent research on Taiwan.  It is not a scary South American country where people go and never come back.  It is a very pleasant place to travel and I've read in many places that the people there are very friendly and helpful.


I've been working some more on contacting people at the travel agency, my contact at the graduate school, and the other teacher's in Taiwan via email so we'll see if I hear back from people today.  But keep in mind, it is the weekend which easily explains why I'm having trouble getting ahold of people in their offices.


I really appreciate all the love and concern from everyone and I apologize if my freaking out at first has caused stress on you.  I'm fine and this will work out =D


These are new, boring San Francisco airport pictures.  I'm back in my cubby again, I have a blister on my heel from my tennis shoes and walking around this place and my messenger bag broke because it was so heavy haha  I bought a new one and I really like it.  It has a lot of pockets for all my stuff and is a backpack so hopefully won't kill my shoulders like the bag that just went on one shoulder at a time.



[gallery columns="2"]

3 comments:

  1. Way to stay positive! Sometimes that's the only thing that helps retain sanity. I'll be glad to try and help pass the time whenever you need me to. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Tara is finally out of San Fransisco and in the air to Taiwan! (as of 1:30am CA time, 4:30am our time) It is a 12 hour flight and they are 13 hours ahead of us and 16 hours ahead of CA. She should arrive there on Tues. morning which will be Mon. evening for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, just noticed I spelled Francisco wrong.

    ReplyDelete